Thursday 15 December 2011

Listen To Your Heart

Okay,  I never really actually took much thought about ever writing a book until I was twelve, at the end of the year when I was saying good bye to my teacher, knowing full well that I'd probably never see her again, as she was retiring. In the end, I saw her a few times the following year.
   So, through that year my teacher had continuously read out a lot of my creative writing, to my utter embarrassment. I had never really thought about ever writing because I personally didn't really think I was that good at writing. She would always say my name afterwards, to keep it a surprise, even though the class probably already knew who it was written by.
   I can still remember the words that triggered all the dreams in me. I sat around for a year afterwards, just thinking about it. It wasn't until this year though that I really started writing.

   But being an author takes time, patience and a lot of effort.
   Tip #1: Don't let people tell you that your wasting your time. People will tell you this, whether it be your friend, a stranger or even a family member. DON'T LISTEN TO THEM! This is what you want to do, and you can't give up on your dreams. If you have talent, then you definitely are not wasting your time. Keep doing what you are and ignore anyone who tells you this.
   Tip #2: Be patient. The reason you need patience is simple, becoming a published author takes time. You could get turned down a hundred times by different publishers, but don't be offended. In the end, you will find someone who will publish your book. And when your book is a success, you can silently say "In your face!" to all the others who did turn it down.
   Tip #3: Listen to people. Yes, that's right. Even if you find all their babbling annoying and desperately want to tell them to shut up, listen to what they say, even if you are only half-listening, because whatever they say might give you even the tiniest idea of something to write. I get inspiration from the smallest things, like my annoying little sisters.

Dee.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment